Thursday, August 5, 2010

Worst Mother of the Year . . . and the winner is

ME!

So today started out good enough. We had two of our nephews staying with us for the day, I was watching two neighbor kids and then two more little girls came to play with Kiddo #6. So there were a 'few' little people running in and out, up and down, and pretty much all over the place. Oh, and we had a little neighbor dog decided to come play with our dog. So two of the neighbors leave, then we take the two other little girlys home, and I decide to take the rest of the gang to Wally World to get some lunch. We pick up a bucket of chicken (which they said would take 7 minutes to get ready but ended up closer to 20). If you've ever take one kiddo to the store you know how much fun you can have, now multiply that by 9 plus add two pairs of heeleys (worst invention EVER!!!) now factor in that it was lunch time divide that by us staying up until after midnight last night, and I think you're getting the picture! PARTY! (Now we'll just hope that they let us back in the store the next time I need milk or toilet paper!) Anywho, me being the smart person that I am, decides that we'll go to the park to eat our super yummy, not very nutritious lunch. That way the kiddos can get all their energy out, and the house stays lunch mess free - there's already plenty of other mess. We eat, romp, play and get hot. So the general consensus is to go home and watch a movie. Everyone piles into the car and then tromps into the house, park it on their little rear ends and zone out to Percy Jackson while I go pay bills and work on sharing time in the other room. Fast forward ONE HOUR!!!! I get a nice phone call from the hubby saying that I've left kiddo #5 at the park. C.R.A.P.!!!!!! I forgot to mention that the park we visited happened to be all the way across town. No one noticed that he didn't get in the car with everyone else. Some super hero boys stayed with him the whole time. They got their mom to call Steven. I'm so grateful for inspiration. We went to Lagoon yesterday and had the idea to write a cell phone number on each of the little kiddo's arms so that if they got separated from us, someone would be able to locate us. Luckily the number was still on the arm. And this awesome mom was able to get a hold of us and she stayed with kiddo #5 until I got there. Thank Heaven for good people! I so wish I could say that this is the first time that I've ever left one of the kiddos somewhere, but it isn't. This was by far the worst though! So yay for me!!! I win the crappy parent award. At least he's not harboring any ill will. Now if I could just get him to let go of my arm while I use the potty.

Man, I need some chocolate!

1 comment:

  1. Denece, this post makes me smile. Turns out you are human after all. =) I love that you wrote your number on the kids arms. Smart mom! I wish you had the little follow button I could click on so I knew each time you updated your blog.

    ReplyDelete