Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Come Back Kid


This post is dedicated to kiddo #7, who I'm considering renaming the 'Come Back Kid'. Kiddo #7 is 3 years old. He has an absolutely adorable smile. Twinkling eyes. And he's quick on the draw with come backs (and he's really quick when he has his running shoes on, and he'd love to show you). Now I can usually come up with some good come backs, but it's usually the next day, week or month. This kid is quick! He doesn't even pause. And the fact that he's such a little tyke, just cracks me up when it happens. For example:


#1: I was talking to him in the kitchen one day and telling him something he obviously didn't want to hear. He started yelling back at me.
Me: "are you yelling at me?"
Kiddo #7: "no, I'm yelling at the dang fridge."


#2: This one has happened on several occasions as we're sitting down to dinner, and everyone has food on their plates waiting for the prayer.
Me: "please stop eating your food before prayer."
Kiddo #7: "I'm not eating it, I'm just tasting it."


#3: At church on Sunday he got a little upset during his class which was really unusual, so his teacher came and got me and we went into the hall, had a hug, a couple of M&M's and he was good to go back. Well later that night at dinner:
Steven: "what happened during class? How come you needed mom?"
Kiddo #7: "I just got nervous." (said very matter of fact and extremely grown up like)


#4: Yesterday I told the kids that I was going to go sew some shorts for 20 minutes and then we were going to clean the house.
Kiddo #7: "NO"
Me: "What did you just say?"
Kiddo #7: "I said Meow."


Yeah, he keeps us entertained, loves to hug and snuggle, eats anything you put in front of him (prefers candy of course), and is practically perfect in every way, except when he gets in my bed at night and then pees all over me.


The pictures, the first one he's wearing his favorite shirt, ask him what it says sometime, it's cute how he says it. The second one is with the Mickey Mouse that Aunt Nellie gave him, and the last one is where he took permanent red marker and drew on his face so it would look like he had a bloody nose. ???? I know.


Man I love that kid.






1 comment:

  1. AHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Will you have him wear that shirt to the park party on the 10th so we can ask him to say it? You're blog is awesome Denece! :)

    ReplyDelete