I wanted to express my gratitude to my wonderful husband, the father of my children, and to my wonderful dad. I am so very fortunate and blessed to have these two great men in my life. I'm so grateful to have had a father who was always there, who was willing to listen, who was willing to help, and who was willing to love. Growing up I know I wasn't always the easiest person to be around. (I'll apologize right now for that! SORRY!) But both my parents, never gave up on me and for that I will be eternally grateful! I can remember one time while I was out in the back yard with my dad, and I went to tell him something and I ended up saying a nice four letter word that I wasn't planning on saying, but it happened to slip out anyways. My dad just turned to me and said, "I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't use language like that around me." He could have gotten mad, or upset but he didn't. For those of you who know my dad, I know you'll agree with me when I say that he really is a great person. And I'm so glad that I get to call him dad. So right there, I'm one lucky gal, to have had such a good dad. Well, I got even luckier. I'm so grateful for the good father that Steven is to my kids. Each night he asks each one of them what they did that day. He's never to busy to play video games with them (a huge sacrifice on his part, I'm sure! =P) or to help them with anything that they need. He is always having them help him with projects around the house, teaching them as they go. He gets up every morning to go to work, when we know he'd rather still be in bed. He provides for us in so many ways. I'm grateful for his strength, his spirituality, his humor, and for his ability to love. How grateful I am today for all the 'dad's' in my life. Thank you for all the good that you do.
"Satan, in his carefully devised plan to destroy the family, seeks to diminish the role of fathers. Increased youth violence, youth crime, greater poverty and economic insecurity, and the failure of increasing numbers of children in our schools offer clear evidence of lack of positive influence of fathers in the homes. " - L. Tom Perry
"In order to strengthen the father in the home, I make two simple suggestions: first, sustain and respect the father in his position; second, give him love, understanding, and some appreciation for his efforts. . . .
In terms of giving fathers love and understanding, it should be remembered that fathers also have times of insecurity and doubt. Everyone knows fathers make mistakes—especially they themselves. Fathers need all the help they can get; mostly they need love, support, and understanding from their own.”
-James E. Faust
I know that mother's are important in the lives of their children, but father's are just as vital. Thanks to all the good dads for all the good that you do and for the good that you are!
Happy Father's Day!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment