Sunday, October 31, 2010

Airing our dirty laundry and Halloween

Happy Halloween! Well we finally found out who the driving force behind trick-or-treating is at our house. Kiddo #2. Now that he's 'too old' for trick-or-treating, we didn't do very much of it. Our city does a little trick-or-treat around the main street local businesses, so we did that and timed it perfect! As we finished up it started down pouring. -on a side note: Seriously people! We live Utah! It's 40 degrees outside. It's raining. Put a coat or a jacket on your poor little kiddos. Those halloween costumes are not insulated. And ladies. If the clothes start ripping as you put them on, take that as a hint. THEY'RE TOO SMALL! I know halloween is all about the scary, but when I see your ample sized rear end hanging out of your 'costume' we move from scary to down right CREEPY, YUCKY, and extremely GROSS! Sorry, I'm done now.- We then headed home, where kiddo #3 was sick, and kiddo #1 was exhausted from an all day volleyball tournament. We had dinner and just hung out the rest of the night. The good part is the kiddos didn't get very much candy, they did get hot dog buns from the local food shelter though, the bad part is that they ate all the candy they did get. Now what am I supposed to eat for the rest of the year. I was counting on a good sized candy stash that I could pilfer over the next several weeks.





Since I'm such a good mom, I of course took lots of pictures for posterity's sake. Or I at least drew this really cool one that really shows what great costumes they had. Kiddo #1 was a princess. Kiddo #2 didn't dress up. Kiddo #3 was a bride. Kiddo #4 was a dog catcher, he carried around a stuffed dog and threw it up in the air and then caught it. Kiddo #5 was Dr. Who, no one knew who that was, but he looked cute! Kiddo #6 was Snow White, thank you grandma!!! Kiddo #7 was a spider.


Now for the dirty laundry. I was lazy today. I took a nap. Kiddo #7 didn't. He decided he wanted to wash a new coat that we found for him. He emptied the washer and put the clothes in the dryer. Then (with the help of kiddo #2, LUCKILY) he put in a load of laundry, including his coat to wash. The following pictures are of him emptying the washer to dry his coat after dinner.




And this last picture will show why the 4 year old needed to do his own laundry. He had to wear his sister's pants the other day. Well at least that his story and he's sticking to it. I say he just didn't want to go back downstairs and get his own clothes. He said he didn't care if they were girl pants. They fit. I told them they had a pink heart on the pocket and his reply was that his grandma put that there for him. I asked if it was like a valentine from grandma and he said that it was.

Have a great week!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment