Monday, September 20, 2010

The post with no title

I had the fun opportunity last night to visit with kiddo #7's primary teacher. I learned lots, and had some good laughs. First off I found out that this poor lady has got to be a saint. She has been teaching primary for a very looong time, at least 13 years. She was telling me about a little 5 year old boy she had in primary (this little boy happens to be turning 18 next year, and just maybe has a thing for kiddo #1, but they're just 'friends' - of course) and how she would keep track of how many ways he could sit on his chair without falling off. She counted 10. I was informed last night that kiddo #7 has him beat, Big Time! She always tells him - kiddo #7 - to sit down so he won't fall off, and of course his standard reply is "I won't". Well, the little primary class was having a lesson on families, and the teachers asked each of the kids if they had brothers and sisters, and which of their brothers or sisters were their favorite. Kiddo #7's reply was Mitchell. The teacher's weren't sure who this was, seeing as how none of my kiddo's are named Mitchell. They asked if he was maybe talking about one of the other boys in the ward who happened to be named Mitchell. They got a good laugh when kiddo #7 informed them that Mitchell is his best friend who happens to be a shark. We really do need to move. Maybe to a neighborhood where they actually have kids so that my kiddo's can know what it's like to have real live friends! But at least I know Mitchell's not going to get kiddo #7 into to much trouble!

It was also kiddo #7's birthday the other day. He's getting to be an old man. I was almost sad for a minute that he's growing up but then I started thinking about it. I haven't changed a diaper for over a year. After 14 years of that -and lots of those years with 2 in diapers at a time, that's a GOOOD thing. I don't have to lug a car seat or diaper bag around. I mostly just supervise these days. So while it's sad that he's growing up, it's also a good thing, too. He had a fun day filled with way to many presents! He got spoiled rotten! His cake was really easy, he wanted a foot ball cake from the store. Not to hard on my part. Buy expensive cake topper decoration, place on cake. Whoopee! But he loved it and it tasted good, so that's what counts.

Eating the birthday cake got me to thinking, do more people like the outside pieces or the inside pieces? When you eat cake, which do you like? Do you even have a preference? Or are you just happy to get your cake and eat it, too? I like me a good corner piece. I love the crispier edges, so then you get two and plus you usually get more frosting with an outside piece which is also good. Just wondering!

2 comments:

  1. I like the outsides as well: Greater frosting to cake ration. "Let them eat cake!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! the corners are best - lots more frosting!!

    ReplyDelete