Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Craftee

Steven asked me the other day to make a card that we could put a candy bar with for his boss's birthday. So I started browsing a favorite website for card making ideas. I found this totally cute little tote/purse on there, but I couldn't get the pattern. So I started looking around and found out in order to get the pattern you have to sign up and join their 'fan club'. No big deal, right? Wrong! They want you to pay $25 to join. Nope, not gonna happen. So I made up my own pattern and this is how it turned out . . . (drum roll, please)
It only took about an hour to make and that included making up the pattern and all the interruptions. I'm usually pretty critical about the stuff I make, but I'm loving this. It looks even better in real life, and all the Lindor Truffles that we put in it didn't take away from it! So, Happy Birthday, Boss Lady. Hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. That is so AWESOME! will you share the details on how you did it. I think that i would like to make a few myself!
    Loretta Hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing. I honestly want one. You need to share the details so I can try to make one too. Maybe you could teach all of us at our "Tuesday's in the Park" or Friday's at Melinda's or whatever it is. =)

    ReplyDelete