So we finally went camping. (YEA!!!!) And I know you're going to enjoy all the wonderful, scenic pictures I took. Oh, wait. I forgotted the camera. Opps. But, on the plus side we didn't forget any of the kiddos. Which if you know us at all, is pretty good! We had a really nice weekend down in Pine Valley which is kind of by St. George. We were with Steven's dad's family. I was a little worried because I don't know any of the cousins on that side of the family and being the hermit that I am, I was worried we weren't going to have much fun. But we had a very enjoyable time. There were only minor injuries, only one kiddo got sick and that was just during the night, no one brought any new pets home, so over all it was a successful trip. The only thing I would have changed was to huck the stupid GPS out the window as soon as we got in the car!!!! That thing is SOOOO stupid!!! Having never gone to Pine Valley the way we were going this time, we were dependent on it to get us to the right spot. Well, some how it got switched to off road. Yeah, good times. It tried to take us on some podunk little dirt trail up and over the mountains. Luckily the road was blocked which made us turn around and go back. We did get to see "Old Iron Town" though. Then the next route it choose was over the Pinto trail - I think that's what it was called - which happened to be a 26 mile, semi-decent dirt road, well decent as far as dirt roads go. So after bumping along for a long time we finally hit pavement! Boy were we glad! Ok, I was glad, nobody else really cared. (So what does that say for us that we followed the stupid thing???) But once we got there and settled in, we had a very enjoyable camping trip. (Flush toilets are de BESTEST!!!!)
The moral of this story is, if you don't know where you're going, you're more likely to let things decide for you the way you should go. Which doesn't always work out for the best. Do you know where you're going? Do you know the best way to get there? There's lot's of roads out there, but some are definitely quicker and better than others! Ok, so I was trying to be all deep and philosophical there. All done now.
And on a side note. The commercials about AT&T and Verizon and their maps and all that dumbness. Yeah, AT&T has crappy coverage!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment