Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kid Language

I've found it funny how we as a family have added new words to our vocabulary over the years. I doubt you'll find any of these in Webster, but I thought I'd share some with you.

Elleskin - or as most people know it, skeleton. This is what kiddo #2 called them when he was little and it's stuck. I don't even know if the younger kids even know that they're really called skeletons.

Bed Night Snack - or mid-night snack. Kiddo #6 asked me for one of these the other night. I think it's a keeper.

Rubber Ban - or van. Kidd0 #7 insisted that's what our car was when we bought it.

'Parents kind of weird' - or 'parents kind of dear' as most people are familiar with the popular primary song.

Pimpble - thimble. Try not laughing when they ask you for one.

Nurith - nourish.

Muffalo - our version of buffalo.

Those are just a few that I can think of right now. I love it when the kiddo's come up with new ones. Maybe I'll start our own dictionary one day. It should be entertaining even if it's not very helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment